Child and Family Services
Child and Family Services
At Sunrise Behavioral Health Clinic, we believe in supporting children and their families in all aspects of functioning. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive set of child and family treatment services. Our specialty Child and Family Treatment Team includes psychiatrists, advanced practice registered nurses, psychologists, and other mental health professionals. All of our professionals work together to ensure we create a positive impact on your child’s life.
We begin by performing a thorough assessment of your child’s functioning as well as the family dynamics that may be impacting his or her well-being. We then create an individualized care plan to support family strengths and target areas of weakness. Commonly provided services include:
School-based outreach and consultation. We work collaboratively with school administrators to ensure your child will thrive. This might include creating an individualized education program (IEP), working with your child’s teachers, or helping your child access school resources.
• Psychological testing. Psychological assessment can help us make an accurate diagnosis and better understand your child’s current level of functioning.
• In-home visits. One or more in-home visits may be helpful to understand the home environment and family dynamics. We also provide in-home therapy, which can help your child and the entire family learn new coping and communication strategies.
• Family consultation and family therapy. Sometimes it can be helpful to focus on the child individually (as through individual or group psychotherapy). In other cases, family therapy may be recommended to improve communication, heal broken relationships, and understand how family dynamics are impacting the child as well as the family unit.
• In-clinic services. In-clinic services may include individual psychotherapy, group therapy, psychological assessment, or other services. Our specialty is solution-focused behavioral strategies that are proven to result in long-lasting change.
• Referral services. If we cannot personally provide the services that your child or family needs, we will work to find an organization that can. We commonly provide referrals to out-of-house providers, such as medical specialists, social workers, or government organizations. We will help to connect you with the services you need to succeed.
The Child and Family Treatment Team at Sunrise Behavioral Health Clinic will offer services in English and Spanish. Contact us today to learn how we can improve quality of life for your child and your family.